"I am never born. I never die.
Yet every moment I take birth and undergo death.
Although I am present everywhere eternally in My formless
Infinite State, from time to time I take Form,
and taking the Form and leaving it is termed
My physical birth and death."10
"I have come not to teach but to awaken."11
Sources for quotes made by Meher Baba:
1. Discourses, by Meher Baba, 6th Edition, Volume III, pp. 97-98. Copyright 1967 by Adi K. Irani, King’s Rd., Ahmednagar, Maharashtra, India.
2. Ibid., page 180.
2. The Everything and the Nothing, by Meher Baba, pp. 51-55. Copyright 1989 Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust.
4. God Speaks, by Meher Baba, Second Edition, pp. 253-254. Copyright 1973 Sufism Reoriented, Inc.
5. The Everything and the Nothing, by Meher Baba, pp. 57-55. Copyright 1989 Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Charitable Trust.
6. Life at its Best, by Meher Baba, page 59. Copyright 1957 Sufism Reoriented, Inc.
7. The God-Man, by C.B. Purdom, pp. 343-344. Copyright 1971 Meher Spiritual Center, Inc., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
8. The Path of Love, pp. 84-85. Copyright 1986 Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust..
9. Lord Meher, by Bhau Kalchuri, Vol. XVII, page 5832. Copyright of English translation Lawrence Reiter 1980. All quotes of Meher Baba Copyright Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust.
10. Glimpses of the God-Man, Meher Baba. Volume V, by Bal Natu, pp.161-164. Copyright 1987 Avatar Meher Baba Perpetual Public Charitable Trust
11. The God-Man, pp. 343-344, by C. B. Purdom. Copyright 1971 Meher Spiritual Center, Inc., Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.
A few comments from other readers
From Ann Conlon, about "Time and Its Passing"…
“I think it’s wonderful! I’m saving the rest of it for Silence Day. Lovely, lovely stuff—and a terrific flow to your words.”
…and about a selection from "Ghazals in Remembrance of the Beloved"…
“Lovely, lovely stuff, Mick. Thank you so much. Love ‘em, Mick. Keep them coming.”
From Angela Chen, former President of Meher Baba House, New York City…
“Well done. Wonderful new ghazals! The collection is remarkably consistent. Every one of them is so human and personal, taking the God-Man’s words into our ‘real’ experience.”